Re: Fitting with a power embedded in a integration

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88493] Re: Fitting with a power embedded in a integration
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 06:44:36 -0400 (EDT)

lynn wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I don't know how to fit my data with a power embedded in
> a integration, and can't find related answer in this forum.
>
> This is the function I want to fit
> \!\(
> \*SubsuperscriptBox[\(\[Integral]\), \(w\), \(R\)]\(c*
> SuperscriptBox[\(x\), \(-p\)]
> FractionBox[\(x\),
> SqrtBox[\(
> \*SuperscriptBox[\(x\), \(2\)] -
> \*SuperscriptBox[\(w\), \(2\)]\)]] \[DifferentialD]x\)\)
>
> w is variable, R is a parameter, and c, p is parameters should
> be fitted.
>
> I can't find a way to simplified the power law to log form
> so that can't avoid the trouble while fit the power law.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help!
>
> Lynn

Lynn,

I believe you are using a version prior to 6.0, in this case you should
use the _InputForm_ when copying an expression from a Mathematica
notebook to an email client: select the cell(s) you want to include in
your email, then within the *Cell* menu select either *Convert To* or
*Display As* and choose *InputForm*. Finally, copy and paste as usual.

As posted, the expression is rendered in a weird (nonsensical) way on my
system when copied and pasted.

Regards,
-- Jean-Marc