Re: Hash Table for self avoiding random walks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88460] Re: [mg88453] Hash Table for self avoiding random walks
  • From: "W_Craig Carter" <ccarter at mit.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 06:37:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hello JM,

I may be misunderstanding your question completely, so I am sorry if
this suggestion is off target:

atrail := Module[{trail}, NestWhile[takeStep, {{{0, 0, 0}}, trail},
(Length[availableSteps[#]] > 0) &]]

Table[atrail,{4}]

>  As an aside, although there is no documentation for HashTable, doing

There is something, but not much, in the doc for Dispatch.  I am not
sure, but I don't think you will need to get to the guts of HashTable.

>  Can I make a bunch of things that work like hash tables without
>  polluting the global scope?
:
:

--