Re: Locator

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88511] Re: Locator
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at arcor.net>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 07:06:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> Thanks very much for the response. This will help me tremendously.

nice to hear.

> I was also wondering if you can recommend some tutorials for the
> interactive component of 6.0. I have been going through the
> documentation slowly as well. Is there anything else?

AFAIK (unfortunatly) not. The tutorials on Dynamic and Advanced Dynamic
Functionality along with some tips from this group and some
experimenting got me to a point where I think I can get things done
pretty quickly. The tutorials are in a rather condensed form and
probably only digestable if you are familiar with the "regular"
mathematica functionality, including an basic understanding of
mathlink/JLink/NETLink and how the frontend and kernel interact. So this
is probably something you want to look at, and where you can find a lot
more information in the documentation and elsewhere. Unlike others I
also think that mostly any documentation about older versions is still
valid and useful, especially if you don't look for verbatim option names
but for an understandig of how mathematica works.

albert