substitution within a substitution list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88551] substitution within a substitution list
  • From: Bipin <bipin.caz at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 04:13:41 -0400 (EDT)

HI,

I'm trying to find a way of changing the substitution values within a
substitution list.

For example, if I have the following substitution list:-

subs = {a->1, b->2, c->2}

I want to programmatically replace the value associated with 'b' from
2 to 20, ie ending up with

subs = {a->1, b->20, c->2}

Does anyone know of a mathematica function for doing this?

Bipin.