Re: Re: Question on the Limiting Value of Ratios of Consecuative Primes...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88591] Re: [mg88555] Re: Question on the Limiting Value of Ratios of Consecuative Primes...
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 03:25:12 -0400 (EDT)

I forgot to add that the question of whether there are infinitely many
twin primes or not still remains unsolved (http://mathworld.wolfram.com/TwinPrimes.html
). Cramer's conjecture that I mentioned in my post also seems not to
have been proved.
But the proof given based on  Montgomery's result that I sketched
below is a really a proof, and does not depen on any unproved
conjectures.

Andrzej Kozlowski