Extending ColorData

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88617] Extending ColorData
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 06:50:59 -0400 (EDT)

Is there a way to extend ColorData in a way that it will integrate
nicely with the rest of the system?

E.g. define a new gradient "newGradient" so that it will get listed by
ColorData["Gradients"], it will appear in the colour schemes palette,
and DensityPlot[ ... , ColorFunction -> "newGradient"] will work.

Is this possible?