Re: Null Return for a Module

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88690] Re: Null Return for a Module
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 06:57:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

try

Test[] := Module[{i, thesum}, thesum = 0;
   For[i = 1, i <= 3, i++, thesum = thesum + i]; (* <= Here *)
   Return[thesum]]

For[] return Null and since you have forgotten the CompoundExpression[] ";"

the result is interpreted as a product For[__]*Return[_]
and since Return[] does not work in expressions, you
get Null*Return[6]

Regards
   Jens