Testing TOC sidebar palette

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88695] Testing TOC sidebar palette
  • From: "Yuri Kandrashkin" <spinalgebra at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 07:08:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hi group,

Sometimes ago there was question about creating TOC of the notebook.
David Reiss gave a hint of using CellID for these purposes. Based on
this idea I have developed a sidebar TOC palette where I also include
several tasks typical for my work. Could you please inform me if it is
convenient to use it and what kind of extra tasks should be added to
the palette?

Main properties of palette include:
- Generation of Table of Contents for any currently selected notebook
- Additional selection instrument for extra tasks. Current version
supports locking/unlocking cells to block cells from accidental
editing and deleting
- Tracing graphics coordinates. (It also launches an additional tool
GraphicsCoordinates. Note, the Graphics object must be selected to
activate this button)
- Tracing evaluation time
- Running everyday notebooks in "save" mode (with cell options
Delatable and Editable set to False)
- Few additional actions: comparing two cells in the notebook,
evaluating the whole section etc.

The files can be downloaded from:
http://www.spinalgebra.com/sidebar/graphicscoordinates.zip
http://www.spinalgebra.com/sidebar/sidebar.zip