Re: cell convert to

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88777] Re: cell convert to
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 05:32:40 -0400 (EDT)

Jaccard Florian wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> Some of my students have a strange problem, and I cannot find the
> solution.
>
> In the menu "Cell", "Convert To", they don't have "StandardForm" and
> "TraditionalForm" (ctrl+shift+n and ctrl+shift+t also don't work).
>

> Is there a way to install these settings?
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> Florian Jaccard

I wonder if the file Menusetup.tr, that you will find in a subdirectory
off the home directory of Mathematica, has been corrupted. This file
contains a specification of the entire FrontEnd menu, and people
sometimes edit it to augment the menu in various ways.

If this was a problem, you could copy a clean version from nother
machine with Mathematica loaded, provided it was the same version of
Mathematica and the same operating system.

Of course, the other, more general answer might be to remove Mathematica
and re-install.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk