Re: Re: Labeling points

On May 16, 2008, at 4:29 AM, Christopher Carlson wrote:
> On May 15, 2008, at 6:49 AM, AngleWyrm wrote:
>> Here's a graphic I created for a discussion on game theory:
>> http://home.comcast.net/~anglewyrm/thread/dps.png
>>
>> I put the text next to the points in as a post-processing step by
>> hand in
>> PhotoShop.
>>
>> Is there a way to get mathematica to display such information?
>

> You can post-process plot output to add the information you want.  For
> example, here is a ListPlot:
>
> plot = ListPlot[Table[{x, y}, {x, 1, 4}, {y, 1, x}], AxesOrigin -> {0,
> 0}]

That first reply was truncated somehow.  Here's the rest...

To add labels the the ListPlot output, I

(1) replace Point objects in the output with labeled Points,

(2) wrap the result with Show[..., PlotRangeClipping->False], which
prevents labels that fall outside of the plot range from being clipped.

Show[
  plot /. Point[pts_] :> ({Point[#], Black, Text[Row[{IntegerPart[100
  PlotRangeClipping -> False]

Christopher Carlson
User Interface Group
Wolfram Research, Inc