Re: Wolfram Workbench user experiences

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88931] Re: Wolfram Workbench user experiences
  • From: "Chris Degnen" <tilting at windmills.freeserve.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:53:02 -0400 (EDT)

David Bailey wrote:

> I would be very interested in other people's experiences with the
> Wolfram Workbench. I must admit that I prefer to use the frontend
> as my 'IDE', and the workbench seemed fairly alien when I tried it.
>
> David Bailey > http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk

I'm au fait with IDEs but had difficult using breakpoints in an imported
project until I found an option I could uncheck on the initial notebook's
properties so that Workbench didn't execute an "Automatic load for all
source files on startup."

All the necessary Get statements were in my project already so the
autoload just created shadowed variables and stopped the breakpoints
working.

The property default seems to be to do the "Automatic load".  Since I
found it and switched it off it works fine.