On which OS is Mathematica best implemented?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88923] On which OS is Mathematica best implemented?
  • From: LeftCoast_Dave <I.am at nul.domain.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:51:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I have not used Mathematica in a long time, but am about to get back
into it. In it's first few versions (the only ones I have used) the Mac
version was by far more polished, had more features, and was much
stabler than its Windows counterpart (well, for everything I wanted to
do, which was a lot). Such was the case for quite a few other programs
at the time, including Microsoft's own cash caws, Excel and Word.

Well, things changed for the Office suite- The Windows versions of Excel
and Word have been "ahead" of the Mac versions for years (since v.5 of
Excel).  What about Mathematica? On which OS is it "ahead" by and large
/these/ days? How does its release/update history compare on the two
platforms? The computer I will load this onto runs Mac OS 10.5.2, WinXP
sp3, and of course Unix.

Many, many thanks in advance.
Dave