Re: Re: Range of Use of Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8] Re: [mg89031] Re: Range of Use of Mathematica
  • From: George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 02:06:36 -0400 (EDT)

I have suggested to Wolfram for some time that these seminars be made
available for download (Quicktime is my preferred format), and I think
that they are considering it. Other than the developer Q&A, most of
the seminars are the same. There are also streaming videos on the
Wolfram website that would be more useful if made downloadable.

Failing that, I think that SnapzXPro (on the Mac) will do the job. I
use it to capture streaming video and it can handle at least 45
minutes worth. You need to get the license that covers video capture,
and have a lot of free disk space. The conversion step is relatively
CPU intensive. I just got it recently, and I'm going to test it on the
next Wolfram seminar. I wouldn't think it was OK to upload or
distribute any captured video. I think it is like using the old-style
video tape to timeshift over the air TV.

george