Re: Re: Problems with ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11] Re: [mg89046] Re: Problems with ListPlot
  • From: Syd Geraghty <sydgeraghty at mac.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 02:01:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Perhaps you should read the documentation on PlotRange to appreciate
the choices made in the specifications of the options.

Note that for Automatic the outlying points are dropped! You probably
want PlotRange->Full which will give what I believe you expect and
want in your example below.

Try

Plot[Tan[x], {x, 0, 10}, PlotRange -> Automatic] versus Plot[Tan[x],
{x, 0, 10}, PlotRange -> Full] to get an appreciation of the difference.

HTH

Syd

Syd Geraghty B.Sc, M.Sc.

sydgeraghty at mac.com

My System

Mathematica 6.0.2.1 for Mac OS X x86 (64 - bit) (March 13, 2008)
MacOS X V 10.5.2
MacBook Pro 2.33 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo  2GB RAM