Re: Mathematica Help Urgent (Very New Beginner)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93384] Re: Mathematica Help Urgent (Very New Beginner)
  • From: Steven Siew <stevensiew2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 04:56:41 -0500 (EST)

mylist=Input["Enter a list"]

Map[ {#,#^2}& , mylist ]

TableForm[%]

or

TableForm @ Map[ {#,#^2}& , Input["Enter a list"] ]

or

f[x_]= 3 x^5 + 2 x^2 + 7

TableForm@Map[{#,f[#]}&,Input["Enter a list"]]

You dont really need tableform if all you want is a table. Tableform
is just for human readability.

On Nov 4, 10:17 pm, Derek <derekcas... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am just beginning to learn to use Mathematica, and need to create a tab=
le of values. I would like to be able to input x-values and have the table =
display f(x), f'(x), and possibly f''(x) for a given function. I have alrea=
dy specified the function, and I have found the following input creates tab=
les:

> Table[{x,f[x]},{x,-5,5,.5}]
>
> My problem is this: I would like to input specifc x-values, rather than u=
se set intervals as defined in {x,-5,5,.5} above. Is there a way to specify=
 a list of specific x values so that Mathematica computes the values of f[x=
] in table form?