Re: Creating animated 3d graphic in Mathematica for export

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93417] Re: [mg93396] Creating animated 3d graphic in Mathematica for export
  • From: "Louis A. Talman" <talmanl at mscd.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 06:00:03 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 6, 2008, at 2:05 AM, Coleman, Mark wrote:

> I'm attempting to create a simple animation of a 3D ListPlot. In the
> animation I'd like to simply rotate the graphic continuously and
> automatically (no user input), and then export this animation into a
> common video format (MPEG or Quicktime). Does anyone have an
> example of
> this?

See <http://clem.mscd.edu/~talmanl/MathAnim.html>.

In past versions of Mathematica, I've found that the QT export
facility was unsatisfactory.  I construct animations by writing
serially named .gifs or .pngs to a convenient directory and then
using either QuickTime itself, or, better, Thorsten Lemke's Graphic
Converter (Macintosh software) to paste those graphics files together
into a QuickTime movie.

--Lou Talman
   Metropolitan State College of Denver

  <http://clem.mscd.edu/%7Etalmanl>