Re: Output comes same as input in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93435] Re: [mg93420] Output comes same as input in Mathematica
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 03:58:08 -0500 (EST)

I think you forgot to load the package before using Pade.

This can be loaded with

<<Calculus`Pade`

or

Needs["Calculus`Pade`"]

Pade[Cos[x], {x, 0, 2, 4}]

At least, that is what I think it is because I don't have access to Version
5 anymore. But the Version 5 Help should tell you how to load the package.
In Version 6 Pade has been moved to the kernel and its name and usage have
changed.

If you use Pade before loading the package, you should Quit the kernel and
start over, this time loading the package first.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark

From: Akshay [mailto:a.akshay87 at gmail.com]

i am new to mathematica and am using mathematica 5.0.
i need to use a function Pade for a project.

in mathematica help browser, i found a few relevant illustrat
ions. but when i give the same command as in any of the illustrations, the
output comes out to be the same command, instead of the output shown in the
illustration.

the illustration is
In[1]=Pade[Cos[x], {x, 0, 2, 4}]
Out[1]=(1-61*(x^2)/150)/(1+(7*(x^2)/75)+((x^4)/200))

here's what i get
In[1]=Pade[Cos[x], {x, 0, 2, 4}]
Out[1]=Pade[Cos[x], {x, 0, 2, 4}]

somebody please tell me how i can get the result.