Re: Displaying the solution step by step in Wolfram Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93697] Re: Displaying the solution step by step in Wolfram Mathematica
  • From: dimitris <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 06:12:05 -0500 (EST)

On 21 =CD=EF=DD, 12:33, yarl... at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I have such a question: Is it possible to display in Mathematica the
> solution for example of integral equation step by step? Not only the
> final solution. If yes, how to do it? I've not found anything about
> this in Documentation Center unless I missed it.
>
> cheers

Unless you are a computer algebra guru I think you will not
be able to follow the way that Mathematica follows in order
to solve one problem, say an integration.
CAS algorithms are completely different than "by hand" evaluations.

Execute for example the following command to take a glance...

Trace[Integrate[x, {x, 0, 2*Pi}], TraceInternal -> True]