Re: Integration - another Integer as a result

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93821] Re: Integration - another Integer as a result
  • From: matt <eep1mp at surrey.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 05:16:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mike,

I guess when you say integer you mean integral.

Your problem comes from the fact that the mathematica function to calculate the sin function is Sin[].
Built in mathematica functions begin with a capital letter and I suspect  that you typed a lower case 's'.

Integrate[2 x Sin[(n Pi x)/L] Sin[(m Pi x)/L],x ]

Should achieve the result you want.

Matt