Re: CUDA support in 7.0?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93849] Re: CUDA support in 7.0?
  • From: Antonio <aneves at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 05:29:23 -0500 (EST)

On 26 Nov, 11:11, Amir <amirn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are thinking of making some equipment purchases for CUDA use. Can
> someone detail what the CUDA support is in this release of Mathematica
> if any? We haven't received a copy of 7.0 yet and the new
> documentation doesn't mention CUDA or how it's integrated, but it has
> appeared in Nvidia marketing blurbs. For example, will it be use-able
> with a only newer Nvidia cards? How does it get around the use of
> single precision in current cards?
>
> Thanks,
> Amir.

Dear Amir,

CUDA supported products are at: http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_learn_products.html
I can't wait to get my hands on Mathematica 7 so that I can try and
run some parallel calculations on the GPU.
>From what I've read up until now it supposed to run the calculations
from Mathematica directly without the need for compiling the C code.
As for the double precision, the new Nvidia boards should have it.
I you get to try Mathematica 7 with CUDA, let me know your results.

Antonio