Re: Numerical General Relativity packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93908] Re: Numerical General Relativity packages
  • From: psycho_dad <s.nesseris at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 05:08:42 -0500 (EST)

Numerically solve the field equations? The field equations give
different differential equations for different metrics. So, I guess
you need a program that given a metric will give you the ODEs that
govern the evolution of the metric components etc. Then you can use
Mathematica's DSolve or NDsolve to solve these equations analytically
(if you are lucky) or numerically respectively.

One such package is RGTC. To download it and see a complete list of
its features, have a look at:

http://www.inp.demokritos.gr/~sbonano/RGTC/

Cheers,
psycho_dad