Re: fellow authors

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92494] Re: fellow authors
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 18:34:51 -0400 (EDT)

For technical authoring I find that Publicon (see
http://www.wolfram.com/products/publicon/index.html) does everything that I
want, and I have authored several thousand pages of technical
reports/papers/books using it. I use it as a WYSIWYG front end that exports
whole LaTeX documents (and other formats). The exporting process is
programmable via conversion rules that you can embed in Publicon
stylesheets, and I have used this approach to modify some of the standard
Publicon LaTeX styles to produce the LaTeX that I require.

The only real downside is that Publicon is still at version 1.0.1 so it has
many ragged edges, but with patience you get used to this.

In February 2008 I asked Wolfram technical support what sort of effort they
were making in updating Publicon, and I got this reply from Yan Zhuang:

"...we're still working on publicon. We all got sidetracked trying to finish
M6, but now we're starting up again. We are actively coding a 1.1 release,
and after that we will be integrating it into Mathematica as a paclet to
exploit v6 features, and also as a stand-alone app, Publicon v2."

--
Stephen Luttrell
West Malvern, UK

news:gbulcp$l4v$1 at smc.vnet.net...