Re: Print A Math Formula In Formatted Notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92524] Re: Print A Math Formula In Formatted Notebook
  • From: Peter Pein <petsie at dordos.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 18:48:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi John,

it's not easy to guess what you wnat exactly, but I'll try:

Did you use the Function Print[] to put the formula via a palette into
your notebook?
If so, have a look at this:

In[1]:=
 Print[(a+b)^n]
 %//FullForm
>From In[1]:=
Out[2]//FullForm=
Null

The important part is Out[2]. Print[] returns Null. If you want your
formula to appear, try dropping the call to Print[].

hth,
Peter