mathlink unsigned types and bit sizes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92551] mathlink unsigned types and bit sizes
  • From: Art <grenander at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 06:17:58 -0400 (EDT)

I have some related mathlink questions that I haven't found answers
for in the documentation. Answers to any would be great, thanks. Sorry
for posting several questions at once:

1. What is the best way to Put unsigned types. In particular, I have a
large 64-bit unsigned multidimensional array? I can't use
MLPutInteger64Array, right?

2. If I want to get Real or Integer packed arrays using, for example,
MLGetReal64Array, how do I know which bit size to use, 32, 64, 128?

3. Why can't we use the *data portion of the arrays that are sent to
mathlink without copying first and Disowning if we don't change those
arrays?

Art.