Re: Re: Comparison between Mathematica and other symbolic

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92567] Re: [mg92564] Re: Comparison between Mathematica and other symbolic
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 04:12:47 -0400 (EDT)

And "remember how to use it between infrequent uses" is a good criterion
to note when comparing the long-to-type Mathematica names of functions,
on the one hand, and the terse but often cryptic names of functions in
some other systems.

AES wrote:
> In article <gc7fsf$eo7$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
>  Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 10/3/08 at 6:41 AM, awnl at gmx-topmail.de (Albert Retey) wrote:
>>
>>> When choosing a system, I think one needs to answer these questions:
>>> 1) can the system solve the problem at hand
>>> 2) how much effort is it to feed the problem to the system

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305