Re: Print A Math Formula In Formatted Notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92586] Re: Print A Math Formula In Formatted Notebook
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 07:04:27 -0400 (EDT)

John wrote:
> Add a cell to a notebook that prints a math formula in the evaluated
> notebook.
>
> Use appropriate pallet to create the formula.
>
> It is easy to create the formula, but I have not yet found a way to
> print the formula in the evaluated notebook. On some tries,  the word
> null  printed In the location where the formula should be. On others,
> null is replaced with a rectangular box that is tinted pink.
>
> Why is this so hard? Anyone, who uses Mathematica to write a math
> paper, has to do it over and over again.
>
> The evaluated notebook is sent to the publisher, and the formulas have
> to be in the evaluated notebook.
>
> John

At the risk of sounding a bit school master-ish, how about structuring
your query with some consideration of English grammar! Your first two
sentences seem to be imperatives (instructions to the reader do
something) rather than questions!

The question you are asking seems utterly trivial - type in any formula
and press Shift-Return (or press the Enter key on a large keyboard) and
your formula will be evaluated as far as possible and printed out!

Nobody here seems to know what it is you want to do!

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk