Re: Color coding a Table entry

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92649] Re: Color coding a Table entry
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 06:37:50 -0400 (EDT)

I'm Printing (to the screen) a Table like, let's say,

   Table[{f1, f2, f3}, (x, xmin, xmax}]

and anytime the value of f2 goes negative I want that value printed in
Red.

What's a simple, compact way to code this?

Try this (here random numbers instead of your terms are to be precise)

TableForm[
 Table[{f1, Style[ f2, If[f2 >= 0, Black, Red]],
    f3} /. {f1 -> RandomReal[],
    f2 -> (-1)^RandomInteger[]*RandomReal[], f3 -> RandomReal[]}, {i,
   0, 5}]]

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., Habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 Contern
Luxembourg

Phone: +352 2454 2566
Fax:   +352 2454 3566

Website: www.iee.lu

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.