Roots of polynomial equations with complex coefficients

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92713] Roots of polynomial equations with complex coefficients
  • From: Luiz Melo <luiz.melo at polymtl.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 06:44:10 -0400 (EDT)

HI MathGroup,

Does anybody know the algorithm Mathematica uses when NSolve is dealing with
polynomial equations with complex coefficients? Is it the Jenkins-Traub method?
I'm willing to write a Fortran code to compute polynomial roots of a very
complicated equation that Mathematica apparently cannot handle with NSolve or
FindRoot. I ultimately would like to see the C code behind NSolve, but I wonder
it is kept as a secret by Wolfram.

Thanks,
Luiz