Re: Finite difference method with mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92731] Re: Finite difference method with mathematica
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 06:47:25 -0400 (EDT)

"Tyler" <hayes.tyler at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:gcn48h$74j$1 at smc.vnet.net...

> Personally, I would love to
> see a side-by-side solution of an FE system (even a simple 2D Heat
> Eqn) in a procedural language like FORTRAN and the corresponding
> solution in Mathematica.

For a school HW, this is a Mathematica implementation of finite difference
and finite element to compare the two numerical methods.

http://12000.org/my_courses/FULLERTON_COURSES/summer_2007/Math_503/HW/HW12/HW12_computer_part/index.htm

I have an Ada implementation  (i.e. procedural) there as well for the same
problem (Finite element part) minus the GUI stuff as Ada does not have GUI
build-in as Mathematica does.

Nasser