Re: Variable amount of Buttons in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92791] Re: Variable amount of Buttons in Mathematica
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 06:20:12 -0400 (EDT)

The problem is that the second argument of Button is maintained unevaluated.
So n in Print[n] does not get filled in by the iterator. The following trick
will work. The With statement replaces n with the iterator value everywhere
in the Button statement.

array = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5};
Row[Table[
  With[{n = n},
   Button[array[[n]], Print[n], ImageSize -> {50, 50}]],
 {n, 1, Length[array], 1}]]

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net