Exclude O[] from Series[] for Solve[] in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92799] Exclude O[] from Series[] for Solve[] in Mathematica
  • From: vjp2.at at at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 07:05:27 -0400 (EDT)

I expand a function as a Series[] but the O[] part prevents Solve[] from
working. I try Part[] and it returns something which also confuses
Solve[]. First[] works, but produces useless results, but this is why I am
sure this is what I want to do.

				    - = -
	   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
  ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice.  Everything fully disclaimed.}---
 [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]