MatrixPlot: color scale

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92937] MatrixPlot: color scale
  • From: Franco Milicchio <franco.milicchio at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 07:34:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone!

I really enjoy some of the features that Mathematica provides, like
this cool MatrixPlot function: it's overwhelmingly useful when dealing
with very large system of equations. Anyway, when trying to visualize
one, I'd need a color scale in order to provide a "legend".

I tried some hacks, like creating a new vector with the Union[] of
coefficient, then Sort[]'ed, and put aside a grid with minimum/maximum
values. Well, it doesn't do the job very well, in fact, I'd need also
some intermediate values, but it's not as easy as it seems (text
position, font sizes not matching other parts of MatrixPlot[]'s
output...).

Is there a simple way to get a "color map legend" somehow?

Thanks!

--
Franco Milicchio <franco.milicchio at gmail.com>

DiS - Dept. of Studies on Structures
DIA - Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
University Roma Tre
http://plm.dia.uniroma3.it/milicchio/