Re: notation using # with exponents and &

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92943] Re: notation using # with exponents and &
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 07:36:05 -0400 (EDT)

Molly,

You are probably obtaining Root objects. These are a somewhat arcane, but
exact representation of the roots of a polynomial equation. To find out more
about them, and how to convert them to regular numbers, type the following
and evaluate:

?*Root*

Especially look at Root, and follow the links at the end of the usage
messages to the Function Help pages.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net