Plotting an Implicit Plot with ParametricPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93022] Plotting an Implicit Plot with ParametricPlot
  • From: "Mauricio Esteban Cuak" <cuak2000 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 02:28:43 -0400 (EDT)

hi everyone.I need to plot functions that look like this:

-4 x + (5 x^19)/(3 ((2 x^20)/3 + y^20/3)^(19/20)) == 0

I was using the old function ImplicitPlot to do this, but it doesn't mix
well with other functions I'm aplying (such as Manipulate)

ParametricPlot does work, but I have no idea how to convert this equation to
a parametric one.

Is there a systematic thing I can do or do I have to convert them by hand to
parametric equations?

As always, thank you very much for your time!

Kind regards,

cd

--
Por favor eviten enviarme archivos adjuntos de Word o Powerpoint (
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html )