Re: Looking for Stop

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93096] Re: Looking for Stop
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 01:27:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Quit[] and Exit[] terminate the Kernel .. it is not a good idea
to use it in a application.

If you need a fool proof program you must write it in that
way form the very first line.

Return[]/Return[$Failed]

or something like that are the functions in you program that
terminate a function in case of
"detect an irrecoverable error requiring user intervention"

Regards
   Jens