Re: Export ListPlots using PlotMarkers to .pdf

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93134] Re: Export ListPlots using PlotMarkers to .pdf
  • From: ragfield <ragfield at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 04:53:43 -0500 (EST)

On Oct 25, 2:03 am, Curtis Osterhoudt <c... at lanl.gov> wrote:
> A nice ListPlot may be made using various PlotMarkers; it's especially ea=
sy for me to use symbols like \[GrayCircle]:

> ListPlot[{#, Sin[13 #]} & /@ Range[0, 1, 0.01],
>  PlotMarkers -> \[GrayCircle]]
>
>   However, if I want to save such a plot as a .pdf (whether using Expor=
t,  SaveSelectionAs, or using print-to-pdf-file), the symbols are screwed=
 up, with the filling and the outlines offset from each other.

>    Is there a way to get better results using such PlotMarkers?

Version 6 had a problem specific to \[GrayCircle] & \[GraySquare]
which has been fixed for a future release of Mathematica.  You can get
roughly the same behavior by emulating the \[GrayCircle] appearance
with a graphic:

ListPlot[{#, Sin[13 #]} & /@ Range[0, 1, 0.01],
 PlotMarkers ->
  Graphics[{Gray, Disk[], Black, AbsoluteThickness[1], Circle[]},
   ImageSize -> 8]]

-Rob