Re: From Plain Text to other formats

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93148] Re: From Plain Text to other formats
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 05:47:47 -0500 (EST)

daniela wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a file saved  with extention .nb but in a plain text.
> This was because there was a syntact error in this file and
> Mathematica opened it as text.
>
> How can  I change it into a nb form?
>
> Thank you a lot
> D.

See a reply to a previous question of this sort "my Mathematica file was
corrupted - help!". If you get this message, it is best to file nothing
back in the corrupted notebook - or you may lose further information -
and then salvage the contents as suggested. The amount of salvageable
information will, of course, depend on the nature of the corruption!

Whatever you do, make no further changes to the original corrupt file -
work with copies.

Do you know what caused the original corruption?

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk