Re: open multiple files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93218] Re: open multiple files
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 03:07:40 -0500 (EST)

On 10/30/08 at 2:03 AM, ziv28 at hotmail.com (JeffC) wrote:

>do you know any way to import multiple files in the mathematica, I
>would like to do nonlinear regression for each of these files at one
>notebook Is it possible?

There are a variety of ways to do this. Suppose the current
working directory contains just those files you want to process.
And further suppose each of those files is a simple table of
numbers with each row being a separate data point and each
column being separated by either spaces or tabs. Then

FindFit[ReadList[#, Number, RecordLists->True], model,
parameters, variables]&/@FileNames[]

will do what you want. If any of my assumptions are incorrect,
simply replace ReadList with say Import and/or filter the list
of file names returned by FileNames.