Displaying graphs with curved lines

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91656] Displaying graphs with curved lines
  • From: Jon <Lacrossa at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 07:17:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

First post, though I've been lurking for a bit. I thought I'd share
with everyone a modification I made to the Combinatorica package to
allow for the display of curved edges in graphs displayed with
ShowGraph[]. Unfortunately this isn't terribly robust, employs the
Splines package, and is appropriately filed under "hack", but it works
well enough and is very, very simple.

We'll be piggy-backing on the EdgeDirection option already built into
Combinatorica Graph objects; this guy is Boolean, but we'll be giving
it a numerical value so as to duck the Boolean test.

Find this--

 ExpandEdgeOptions[EdgeDirection, ed_, fvp_List, svp_List,
aopts_List] :=