Problem with replacement rules

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91851] Problem with replacement rules
  • From: Simula <simula at mit.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 05:08:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, I have a very simple question but I didn't find an answer in mathematica help.
I use Solve[expression(x,y),x]. Then, x is obtained as a one-to-one function of y. I want to define the function x(y) using the output of Solve. How should I do?
Thank you very much for your help. Best regards, Laurent