Plotting ListDensityPlot with Custom Color Scheme

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91898] Plotting ListDensityPlot with Custom Color Scheme
  • From: Buz Barstow <buzb at mac.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 05:27:10 -0400 (EDT)

Dear All,

I'm trying to plot out a color map of a matrix with a custom color
scheme, and add a legend to it.

The maximum value in the matrix is approximately 1.7, and the lowest
value is -2.7. Most of the values lie in the range -0.5 to +0.5.

When Mathematica 6.0 produces a ListDensityPlot of this matrix, it
color codes most of the plot, but it leaves large areas with
"overflow" colors - some of the plot is displayed as white, not on the
color map.

I'd like to be able to rescale the color function so that it spans the
range -2.7 to 1.7, and produce a legend for the plot that accurately
reflects this.

Thanks! and all the best,

--Buz