Re: Importing svg files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91936] Re: Importing svg files
  • From: Bill Rowe <wjrowe at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 05:55:42 -0400 (EDT)

On 9/12/08 at 5:28 AM, petervansummeren at gmail.com (P_ter) wrote:

>I ask just for reference: s = Import["Ampersand_Evolution.svg"] and
>got: Import::fmtnosup: SVG is not a supported Import format. >>
>$Failed
>
>Is this normal? I mean: that Export works and Import not? (I started
>a new kernel and there it was again...)

Yes, this should be expected as can easily be verified by doing:

In[3]:= Complement[$ExportFormats, $ImportFormats]

Out[3]= {EPS,FLV,Maya,MIDI,PICT,POV,SVG,SWF,TeX,VRML,X3D,ZPR}

Similarly, you can find formats that can be imported but not
exported with:

In[4]:= Complement[$ImportFormats, $ExportFormats]

Out[4]= {ApacheLog,CDED,CUR,DBF,Directory,EDF,GTOPO30,ICO,LaTeX,MBOX,\
MDB,MPS,MTP,NetCDF,ODS,PDB,QuickTime,RSS,SDTS,SXC,USGSDEM,VCF,XPORT}

Note, this was done on

In[5]:= $Version

Out[5]= 6.0 for Mac OS X PowerPC (32-bit) (May 21, 2008)

The results for other versions or other platforms will almost
certainly be different.