Changing names of variables in a loop

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92166] Changing names of variables in a loop
  • From: kazik.lakomy at gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 05:26:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
do you know maybe is there a possibility to change a name of a
variable in a loop? I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, so maybe
instead of my words I paste a basic example that express my query:

a1 = 1; a2 = 2; a3 = 3;
func[g_] := g;
Summ = 0;

For[i = 1, i <= 3, i += 1,
 Summa += func[ai]]

So something like this... I have tried to deal with this like with
strings and have put func[a<>"i"] but it didn't work (quite logic).
The general problem is much more complicated, this is only a part of
it, so please do not suggest me how can I sum up three numbers, this I
believe I know :) I would very appreciate any hints,
Best regards,
Kazik