Re: Import specific columns from a tsv-file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92220] Re: [mg92169] Import specific columns from a tsv-file
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:33:31 -0400 (EDT)

tab = Array[a, {5, 4}]

To drop the first column

tab2 = Rest /@ tab

To drop the first two columns

tab3 = Drop[#, 2] & /@ tab

To drop the third column

tab4 = Drop[#, {3}] & /@ tab

To drop the last column

tab5 = Most /@ tab

Bob Hanlon

---- suladna <suladna at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
Hi

I want to import data from a tsv-file to a Table in Mathematica, without the first column of the tsv-file. What should I write to do this?

Alternatively I can import the whole tsv-file and then drop the first column from my Mathematica-Table.. but I don't know how to do the "drop column" part.

Sul Adna

--

Bob Hanlon