Re: Re: data source for demonstration

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92247] Re: [mg92203] Re: data source for demonstration
  • From: Daniel Lichtblau <danl at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 03:31:34 -0400 (EDT)

jerry wrote:
> Thanks to all for trying to help.
>
> It's weird, I downloaded ElectricDipolePotential.nbp. My
> V6.03 opens the file but there's nothing there (as I said in
> my original posting). Perhaps there was an upload error and
> there really is nothing in the .nbp file.

You just see a blank Mathematica window? No picture, no caption? I just
downloaded and opened the .nbp file in Mathematica 6.0.2, on Linux, and
it's all present as it should be. I wonder if there is a registry or
other issue, and you fired up Mathematica but did not successfully open
that .nbp file?

> I just went back to the same Demonstrations page and this
> time downloaded another file but this time it turned out to
> be a .nb file, not .nbp. I have no idea what is going on.

Let's start from the web page
http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/ElectricDipolePotential/
If you click near the top, in "DOWNLOAD LIVE VERSION", you should get
the .nbp file. If you scroll down under the picture, caption and
"Contributed by" box, to "DOWNLOAD SOURCE CODE NOTEBOOK", then you
should get the .nb file.

> I probably won't spend much more time looking at this
> Demonstrations stuff.
>
> Thanks again to all, at least I know a .nbp should act the
> same as .nb. Jerry

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research