Re: A Package Function Tutorial

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92245] Re: [mg92228] A Package Function Tutorial
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 03:31:11 -0400 (EDT)

Where, exactly, should which files in FunctionTutorial.zip be extracted?

The page "Writing Professional Mathematica Functions" at the cited URL
says to do so in $UserBaseDirectory, which in my case is:
D:\Math\AddOns.

Do I literally just extract the whole zip archive there, preserving its
directory tree structure, of course?  Including putting PacletInfo.m at
the top level of that $UserBaseDirectory??

I ask because that's what I did, and I restarted Mathematica 6.0.3 --
with a clean cache just to be sure.  But I don't see how to access the
documentation now. There's no item for this in Installed Add-ons.  And I
don't see any other kind of link on the Documentation Center's home page.

Also, what do the files in the directory PlatformInstallClean do??

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305