Re: Re: Re: External packages, Manipulate, and MathPlayer

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92273] Re: [mg92251] Re: [mg91710] Re: External packages, Manipulate, and MathPlayer
  • From: Mitch Murphy <mitch at lemma.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 05:32:57 -0400 (EDT)

for future reference to others, here's the punchline: you need to load
standard packages using the Initialization option of Manipulate.

Manipulate[
  	Regress[Table[{x, 2 + b x + Random[]}, {x, 100}], {1, x}, x],
  	{b, 1, 9, .1}, SaveDefinitions -> True,
  	Initialization :> Needs@"LinearRegression`"
  ]

note that only standard packages (BarCharts, LinearRegression, ...)
are available for nbp files intended for the mathematica player.

also, the option is given using ":>", not "->".

cheers,
Mitch