vector field specifying location of vectors

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92449] vector field specifying location of vectors
  • From: yapster <shirley.yap at csueastbay.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 21:55:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hello.

I'd like to plot a vector field and specify which vectors to plot (for example, only at points with integer coordinates).

What I am trying to do is show how a vector field transforms under a planar transformation.  So, if F is the planar transformation, a vector V based at the point (x,y) will become a new vector NV based at F(x,y).

Thanks for any help.