Re: New definition of the Plot preference

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92415] Re: [mg92384] New definition of the Plot preference
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 21:48:41 -0400 (EDT)

Use SetOptions

Bob Hanlon

---- Yiping Huang <u930309 at oz.nthu.edu.tw> wrote:

=============
I feel tired to give every parameters again and again in the Plot[,PlotStyle->...] command.
Are there any method that I can set the parameters as I want. All I need to do is (List)Plot[data], and the figure can show as what I want it to be?

I try one way to redefine the Plot function,
ListPlott[data_]:=ListPlot[data,{Parameters I want.}];
The problem of the above definition is that I can't change the label of axes easily. So it is almost useless...

Are there any smarter way to redefine the command, maybe like
Plott["label of x axis","label of y axis",data_]:=...and I can use a more convenient command

--

Bob Hanlon