Re: selecting a column in a grid

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98209] Re: selecting a column in a grid
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 04:31:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi Paul,

you may e.g. use EventHaldler with "MouseClicked" and

MousePosition["EventHandlerScaled"]. This gives you scaled coordinates.

The run from lower left to upper right and you have to fiddel a bit with

them to get row and colum. Here is an example that prints row and column:

gr = {{1, 2, 3}, {4, 5, 6}, {7, 8, 9}, {7, 8, 9}, {7, 8, 9}};

myGrid[gr_] := EventHandler[

   Grid[gr]

   , "MouseClicked" :> (Print[{1, 2} + {0, 1} # &[Dimensions[gr]] +

       Round[{0.5, -1.5} # & [

         Dimensions[gr] MousePosition["EventHandlerScaled"]]]])

   ]

Daniel